10 July 2011

... and that is why I do not have a boyfriend!

Tonight, I have come to the conclusion that I really need to turn over a new leaf. By turn over a new leaf, I mean that I'm going to dress better, look nicer and try to be more outgoing - especially when it comes to guys. I'm sick of being the back up friend and having a crush on someone who doesn't like me back. I need to change.


The appearance thing will be easy. To be entirely honest, I have never put much effort into what I wear and how I look. I do wear makeup and make sure my hair is neat, but not in the same way other girls at my school do. My daily makeup routine us very simple - I never wear more than cover up and mascara. Most of the time, I pull my hair into a ponytail. After a while, the whole look becomes very tired and boring. My typical jeans and a shirt don't really help the matter. 

The change in personality is going to be a lot harder. Unless I'm with my really close friends, I'm very shy and quiet. I'm so scared of saying something stupid or making an idiot out of myself that I don't say anything at all. Unfortunately, I end up coming off as a bit of a snob. It's not that I don't want to talk to people - I really do - I just don't know what to say. Unless someone else starts the conversation, in which case I can usually hold up my end.

Anyway, tonight I was looking on the website for Seventeen magazine to get ideas for hair and stuff when I clicked on the "Love Life" section, curious as to how girls get boyfriends. (I've never been in relationship, kissed a guy, yaddayadda). Apparently, girls are more talkative than guys, so the tricks of the trade is tO talk to them.

... I don't talk to guys. Ever.

I've come to the conclusion that I am completely screwed in the romance department and will die an old spinster, unless I'm really lucky.

Needless to say, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.



I believe that if I try a bit harder - looks and personality - things will go my way... well, I'm hoping so.

Much love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment